Spicy Pad Thai Noodles
My Modern Cookery
Throw away those takeout menus, this Easy Spicy Chicken Pad Thai will be your new favorite dinner that's quicker than delivery!
- 4 oz flat rice noodles
- 3/4 cup carrots, shredded or julienned
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast, sliced into very thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or another chili paste
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Rinse noodles in cold water, drain, and toss in with 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
- Add sauce and noodles and increase heat to medium-high. Toss until evenly combined and continue to stir and cook for 1-2 minutes, taking care to not let noodles overcook. Stir in chicken, green onions and peanuts, and heat through.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- While rice noodles are soaking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and let cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Transfer to a plate while you cook the vegetables.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil over in the same skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and saute 1 minute. Add carrots and garlic and saute 1 additional minute. Reduce heat to medium and pour beaten egg over vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, just until scrambled.
- Taste and add one additional seasoning as necessary. You can add more Sriracha if you want it spicier, soy sauce for a salty bite, or a squeeze of lime for a tang. Top with cilantro and serve.
You can order the ingredients used in this recipe by visiting the link here.