Bhutte Ka Kees
A dish from the heartland of Indore
- 3 cups of sweet corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil/ghee
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 2 tablespoons green chilies chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or as required
- Take the sweet corn kernels and roughly pulse it to a coarse mixture.
- Heat oil or ghee in a deep-bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, green chillies and onions. Asafoetida imparts a beautiful aroma to the kees. Do not forget to add it. Let it saute on medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add grated corn mixture, and mix well. Add salt to it. Cook for 6-7 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
- Once it's cooked, take off from the flame and add lemon and coriander leaves to it.
- Dry roast ajwain, jeera and kali mirch. Let it cool down. Pulse it in a mixer grinder. To this add, red chilli powder, black salt, chat masala and asafoetida. Mix it well.
- Top the kees with a spoon of mixed up spices.
- Serve Bhutte Ka Kees immediately. Enjoy with a cup of hot masala chai.
You can order the ingredients used in this recipe by visiting the link here.