Yellow Curry Paste
Homemade Thai Yellow Curry Paste
- 5 to 6 dried red chillies
- 3/4 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 0.5 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 1.5 tsp waugh's curry powder
- 2 tsp chopped shallots
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped galangal
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- Soak the red chillies to soften
- Dry roast lightly, the coriander & cumin seeds on a tawa or a frying pan.
- Using a pinch of salt ,pound everything in a mortar or use your food processor, but try not to make too fine a paste, we want a slight texture.
- The salt helps in grinding and keeps the paste fresh longer.
You can order the ingredients used in this recipe by visiting the link here.